India is the oldest nation on the earth. We Indians take pride in being Indians however there are huge number of facts that we are not aware of. Here is a collection of few lesser-known-facts-about-india.
1. India has 1650 languages… 30 of which are talked by more than a million speakers and 122 of which are talked by more than 10,000. There are 6 particular dialect families that go past India. Interestingly, 95% of Europe goes under a solitary dialect gang. Most Indians may not think about the Austro-Asiatic Munda dialects talked in the heart of India more identified with Vietnamese & Cambodian, the Tibeto-Burman dialects talked in Ladakh, Sikkim and North east and that some Dravidian dialects are talked as far away as Baluchistan.
2. The entire district of Kashmir was “purchased” for a measly 7.5 million rupees in the mid 19th century by the Hindu rulers. It even had a bill of offer.
3. India has 1200 million individuals. That is more than the joined populace of US, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Japan, UK, Germany, Australia, Italy, Spain and New Zealand! Actually, India’s populace is bigger than whatever other mainland on the planet, outside Asia.
4. India has the world’s biggest gone to occasions. The greatest of which is Kumbha mela of 2001 – went to by 60 million individuals and was seen from space.
5. Indian laws make it illicit to convey more than Rs. 5000 in Indian money out of Indian region (aside from Nepal and Bhutan) –
6. India developed the session of Chess.
7. Himalayas are developing taller at a rate of 2.5 cm for each year.
8. Albeit broadly acknowledged and without a doubt merited, Mahatma Gandhi is never formally assigned as the father of the country by the Indian government.
9. Indian rail routes transports 20 million individuals consistently on short and long separation transport.
10. The official name of our nation in nearby dialects is Bharat and composed as being what is indicated in all Hindi correspondences of the legislature. This name is 1000s of years old and is named after the legendary head of Bharat.
11. India has the wettest place on Earth – Cherrapunji getting 463 inches of downpour consistently. In some cases its neighbor Mawsynram is additionally asserted as the wettest spot.
12. India’s silver screen industry is more than US and Canada joined regarding ticket offers of 3.2 billion for every year. Furthermore, on the off chance that you incorporate the pilfered film industry, the motion picture industry is the greatest on the planet.
13. Since its freedom in 1947, India has battled 8 fundamental wars – 4 with Pakistan, 1 with China, 1 with Portugal (to take Goa), 1 with Hyderabad Nizam to take the domain into India and 1 in Maldives to restore government principle.
14. The Kashmir debate is a tri-gathering question between India-Pakistan-China and 5 particular regions of Kashmir. Yellow region has the world’s most noteworthy mountains – including K2 and coordinated into Pakistan, Brown domain is one talented by Pakistan to China, Blue domain is one India has in its maps however has never at any point been into. The Red region is the place all the activity is.